Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jeffrey Porter <je...@metadyne.uk.com> on 2000/10/13 15:35:54 UTC

how to skip DTD file.

Hi,

Could some one tell me how to stop the Xerces parser from reading the DTD file
referenced inside the
xml file.

I realise that Xerces's support for SAX2 is not final yet, but I imagined that
either "continue-after-fatal-error"
set to true would work or by setting "nonvalidating/load-dtd-grammer" to false
would work.

Neither seem to have any effect.  Could some one please give me some advice on
this. either why they
don't work or when they might be fixed.

Thank
Jeff.

Also.....

Not sure if this is correct or not but line 1159 in XMLParser.java reads...

if (feature.equals("load-dtd-grammar")) {

Surely this should be ....

if (feature.equals("nonvalidating/load-dtd-grammar")) {

Thanks again in advance for any advice.