Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Matthew Van Horn <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/15 08:23:53 UTC

Cactus, Ant and Eclipse?

Does anyone know how to get Cactus's ant integration working under
eclipse 3.0?

I get the following error:
taskdef A class needed by class org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactusTask cannot be found: junit/framework/TestListener build.xml

Now, I know that the junit.jar is on the classpath, because I use it in
another part of the build.

If I put the classes in the ANT_HOME that Eclipse uses, then I start
down a road into classpath hell, where it seems to be looking for
xerces, and other xml-related jars.

Does anyone have a quick howto for this? I'm not usually stupid, but I
just can't seem to make this work today.

--
Matthew Van Horn <ma...@yahoo.com>

RE: [SOLVED?] Cactus, Ant and Eclipse?

Posted by Matthew Van Horn <ma...@yahoo.com>.
On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 20:35, Vincent Massol wrote:
> [...]

In addition to
    |   |- cactus.jar
    |   |- cactus-ant.jar
    |   |- commons-httpclient.jar
    |   |- commons-logging.jar
    |   |- junit.jar
    |   |- aspectjrt.jar

described on that page (which I had already tried), I also needed to put
xerces.jar, and xml-apis.jar on the Ant classpath as well. This is not
described in the documentation,and I am wondering why those jars were
not on my classpath already, since some of the other eclipse/ant stuff
probably uses them. It is probably an Eclipse specific thing.

At least the cactifywar task now seems to work, although the build file
editor is still giving me a warning about missing JUnit classes
(junit.framework.TestListener).

Thanks for the help, all the same.
--
Matthew Van Horn <ma...@yahoo.com>

RE: Cactus, Ant and Eclipse?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

There are several CP! It has to be in the Eclipse Ant CP. Go to
Windows|Preferences|Ant|Runtime. Under the "Classpath" tab, add it.

> If I put the classes in the ANT_HOME that Eclipse uses, then I start
> down a road into classpath hell, where it seems to be looking for
> xerces, and other xml-related jars.

Cactus requires 5 jars. They are all described here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/index.html

> Does anyone have a quick howto for this? I'm not usually stupid, but I
> just can't seem to make this work today.

Thanks
-Vincent