Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net> on 2004/06/03 17:47:28 UTC

Significant change to jUDDI checked in.

I've checked in what I think is a significant change to the way jUDDI is
configured. To date jUDDI would look in the classpath for a
juddi.properties file and load it's configuration information from
there.

I've checked in a change to this process ... on startup, jUDDI will now
look in the WEB-INF directory for a juddi.properties file and load it's
configuration properties from this file.

If a juddi.properties file does not exist then one is created and loaded
with default jUDDI property values. The next time the jUDDI web app is
started/restarted this newly written file will be used.

This change was made for a couple of reasons.  First, locating a
webapp's properties (or deployment descriptor) in the WEB-INF directory
is a much more common practice that locating configuration information
within a classpath.  Second, this is the first step towards adding the
functionality to allow jUDDI to read AND write it's property values (the
rest of this will come in a later release). I'm working towards building
a web-based UI for administering and configuring jUDDI and requiring
someone to edit a properties file somewhere in the classpath is not very
intuitive or typical.

This reading and writing of property values occurs in the init() method
of the RegistryServlet class (in the org.apache.juddi.registry package).

Steve Viens
steve@viens.net

Re: Significant change to jUDDI checked in.

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.
Steve,
   is it possible to change my email address listed
beside my name on the juddi website to <an...@apache>
The reason is that I am getting whole bunch of spam on
my yahoo.

Anil

http://messenger.yahoo.com/