Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/02/08 01:00:54 UTC

[VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Hello,

On behalf of the Apache Directory Project Team, this is a VOTE for
Directory to exit the Incubator.  For more information on the project
and its status see the following status page and the Directory Project's
website here:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/directory.html

http://incubator.apache.org/directory/

The Directory Project has been undergoing incubation since October 2003
in an effort to gel community around a directory server and what was
once naming commons.  While under incubation, we have been very
successful.  There server and naming code have matured nicely.  We
recently released the server, ApacheDS, and Apache Naming. There is a
considerable active community around the code base.  The intellectual
property and trademark issues have all been resolved.  Members of the
community work well and amicably with one another.  More people are
joining the community every day.

We feel that at this point we can continue to sustain growth and operate
as a TLP outside of the incubator.

 -The Directory Project Team

[ ] Graduate the Directory Project
[ ] Abstain
[ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

-- dims

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
+1

Personally, I needed to see the PPMC make a decision first.

....Roy

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Am on the incubator PMC too. so you have 3 +1's :)

-- dims

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

On Feb 12, 2005, at 12:25 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Continue on your path, but I want to see further involvement from the
> Incubator PMC in this vote.  I am very plesed to see all of the others
> who
> have expressed support for the project to graduate, but so far, we
> have only
> Nicola Ken and myself from the PMC voting +1.  We should be able to
> get at
> least 3 +1 votes from the two dozen members of the PMC.
>
> 	--- Noel

   "There 10 types of people: those who read binary and everyone else."

RE: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@dpml.net>.

Here is vote no. 3.

+1

Steve.
Directory PPMC Member.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@dpml.net>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Hello,

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

[X] Graduate the Directory Project

-David

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> [X] Graduate the Directory Project
> [ ] Abstain
> [ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project

    - Alex

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Vincent Tence <vt...@videotron.ca>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Tuesday 08 February 2005 08:00, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> [X] Graduate the Directory Project
> [ ] Abstain
> [ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project

Niclas

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On behalf of the Apache Directory Project Team, this is a VOTE for
> Directory to exit the Incubator.

+1

PS: I hate multi-list votes, let's do it on one mailing list only next
time, *please*.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@student.matnat.uio.no>.

--
Trygve

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Brennan Stehling <of...@gmail.com>.
I am changing my vote to the following.

 + http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
[X] Graduate the Directory Project

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:05:20 +0100, Emmanuel Lecharny
<el...@iktek.com> wrote:
> [X] Graduate the Directory Project
> [ ] Abstain
> [ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project
>
> Emmanuel

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
Congrats guys!

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.

Posted by Mark Swanson <ma...@ScheduleWorld.com>.
> [x] Graduate the Directory Project
> [ ] Abstain
> [ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project

--
Free replacement for Exchange and Outlook (Contacts and Calendar)
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.
[X] Graduate the Directory Project
[ ] Abstain
[ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Hello,

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> [X] Graduate the Directory Project
> [ ] Abstain
> [ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project

-enrique

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Brennan Stehling <of...@gmail.com>.

RE: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Adison Wongkar <ad...@vergenet.com>.
Here's my vote:

> [x] Graduate the Directory Project
> [ ] Abstain
> [ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project

Regards,
Adison

RE: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@dpml.net>.

> [ ] Graduate the Directory Project
> [ ] Abstain
> [ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project

I may have missed it - but I haven't seen a draft or proposed vote text for
the BOD concerning the establishment of the project with the ASF.  I'm
assuming that a Directory PPMC vote to recommend would be based on that
together with the Status File.

Cheers, Steve.

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
> [x] Graduate the Directory Project
> [ ] Abstain
> [ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project

+1

-Ted.

Re: [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.