Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/13 00:56:07 UTC

Major problems with cornerstone build..

1) "distributions" has been replaced with "dist".  This causes a self
dependancy . Fixed.

2) demos (moved to apps/) needs SAX in it's classpath... not there.
 Can't refer to ../../../jakarta-avalon/tools/lib/xerces.jar as the
individually packaged downloadables, can;t relatively assume anything.

3) dist makes bar / sars etc and tries to put then on phoenix-apps under
cornerstone, but the nightly script at apache is not copying these
anywhere (assuming they are created).

- PH

Re: Major problems with cornerstone build..

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:56, Paul Hammant wrote:
> 1) "distributions" has been replaced with "dist".  This causes a self
> dependancy . Fixed.
>
> 2) demos (moved to apps/) needs SAX in it's classpath... not there.
>  Can't refer to ../../../jakarta-avalon/tools/lib/xerces.jar as the
> individually packaged downloadables, can;t relatively assume anything.
>
> 3) dist makes bar / sars etc and tries to put then on phoenix-apps under
> cornerstone, but the nightly script at apache is not copying these
> anywhere (assuming they are created).

yep - theres a few more aswell. I have a partially reworked build file
locally. I will commit it whne I get the chance.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: Major problems with cornerstone build..

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Overcoming the sax issue, by (my machine only) placing xerces.jar in
cornerstone's lib dir...

4) "C:\Apache-CVS-UPD\jakarta-avalon-cornerstone\build.xml:616:
C:\Apache-CVS-UPD\jakarta-avalon-cornerstone\Cornerstone-0.7 not found"

Weird tar failing silently error.

Re: Major problems with cornerstone build..

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@yahoo.com>.
--- Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1) "distributions" has been replaced with "dist".
> This causes a self
> dependancy . Fixed.

Hopefully preserving the 'dist' target.

> 2) demos (moved to apps/) needs SAX in it's
> classpath... not there.
>  Can't refer to
> ../../../jakarta-avalon/tools/lib/xerces.jar as the
> individually packaged downloadables, can;t
> relatively assume anything.

Cool.

> 3) dist makes bar / sars etc and tries to put then
> on phoenix-apps under
> cornerstone, but the nightly script at apache is not
> copying these
> anywhere (assuming they are created).

Thanks for taking care of that.  The Cornerstone build
process is pretty convoluted.