Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tom H <to...@limepepper.co.uk> on 2007/09/10 02:18:25 UTC

syslog restarts and reloads of tomcat 5.5 and 6.0

Hi,

I have a bunch of tomcat servers in a clustered configuration, and
currently we use a syslog-ng for aggregating the log files off these hosts.

I was wondering whether it was possible to cause tomcat to syslog its
start, stop, restart, reload actions to syslog, maybe using log4j?

It would seem that there would be the problem that until tomcat was
loaded it couldn't load log4j to sent a syslog message.

has anyone managed to solve this problem, or could point me in the right
direction?

Thanks,

Tom