Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/30 20:48:47 UTC

How to checkout taged version of the code

Hi,

Is it possible to add maven 2 project to continuum to checkout tagged
version of the code. Can you specify the tag in the connection URL.

Thanks
-Gautham Pamu

Re: How to checkout taged version of the code

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
it depends on your scm. If you use subversion, it's possible. If it's an other, it isn't possible
but you can define the tag to use in project edit view.

http://maven.apache.org/scm/scm-url-format.html

Please, send continuum question to the continuum list and maven question to maven list instead of
cross post them.

Emmanuel

Posted by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ian for the answer. Yes, I was refering to developer connection
element.
I have one other question.

I would like to tag before a build, then pull the tag, and build it.
We want to the tag with project name plus timestamp for daily/test
builds so is it possible to specify this new tag in the pom dynamically
using some properties. If we define something like
<tag>${buildtag}</tag> this, maven can resolve this property, if it is set
while running mvn but how to pass value for this property for continuum. In
continuum, uses the scm url defined in the configuration. I will also post
this question on continuum mailing list.

Thanks
Gautham Pamu

Posted by ia...@jpmchase.com.

<developerConnection>scm:cvs:ext:username@cvs.example.com:/usr/share/cvs:myproj</connection>

                                               Subject:  Re: How to checkout taged version of the code

Posted by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ian,

We are using cvs as our scm. Can you send me how to specify the tag name in
the URL ?

Thanks
Gautham Pamu

On 3/30/06, ian.d.stewart@jpmchase.com <ia...@jpmchase.com> wrote:

> You can specify the tag in the <scm> portion of pom.xml:
>
> <scm>
>       <connection/>
>       <developerConnection/>
>       <url/>
>       <tag/>
> </scm>
>
> See
>
> http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.3-SNAPSHOT/maven-model/maven.html#class_scm
>
> HTH,
> Ian
>
> It's better to be hated for who you are
> than loved for who you are not
>
> Ian D. Stewart
> Appl Dev Analyst-Advisory, DCS Automation
> JPMorganChase Global Technology Infrastructure
> Phone: (614) 244-2564
> Pager: (888) 260-0078
>

>                       "Gautham Pamu"
>                       <gautham.pamu@gma        To:
> continuum-users@maven.apache.org, "Maven Users List" <
> users@maven.apache.org>
>                       il.com>                  cc:
>                                                Subject:  How to checkout
> taged version of the code
>                       03/30/2006 01:48
>                       PM
>                       Please respond to
>                       "Maven Users
>                       List"
>

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to add maven 2 project to continuum to checkout tagged
> version of the code. Can you specify the tag in the connection URL.
>
> Thanks
> -Gautham Pamu

-Gautham Pamu

Re: How to checkout taged version of the code

Posted by ia...@jpmchase.com.
You can specify the tag in the <scm> portion of pom.xml:

<scm>
      <connection/>
      <developerConnection/>
      <url/>