Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lr...@apache.org> on 2007/08/07 22:47:34 UTC

[VOTE] Approve the release of Tuscany Java DAS beta1 (1.0-incubating-beta1)

The Apache Tuscany project request IPMC permission to release the Java
DAS beta1 (1.0-incubating-beta1).

The Tuscany dev-list vote thread has passed with 5 binding +1 (1 IPMC
binding), 1 non-binding +1 and no -1s.

   http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg20879.html

The artifacts, including the binary and source distributions, the RAT
reports, and the Maven staging repository, are available for review at :

   http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta1-rc3/

The SVN tag for the release is:

   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/das/1.0-incubating-beta1-rc3/

Thanks in advance

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of Tuscany Java DAS beta1 (1.0-incubating-beta1)

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
I filed a JIRA on the documentation for the maven assembly plugin for
this, http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-229, noting that the
requirement for a leading 0 in order to qualify the permissions
definition as being an octal number was inconsistent with the unix
chmod command.  Since then I have also realised it is inconsistent
with other maven file styles, such as the default permissions on the
server stanza in the settings.xml file.

If you do have some <fileMode>755</fileMode> style entries in your
assembly descriptors then they need to be changed to
<fileMode>0755</fileMode> style to get them to do what you want.

Regards, Kelvin.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.