Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Daly, Michael" <mi...@merck.com> on 2002/07/24 19:06:12 UTC

Separate properties file for each category

Is there a way to have a properties file defined for each category? I would
like each application within a JVM to be able to configure their application
logging without needing one giant log4j.properties file that every app must
edit (and potentially cause problems for other apps).

Is this possible?

Looking at the Javadocs, it looks like in the PropertyConfigurator there is
a doConfigure(Properties properties, Hierarchy hierarchy) method where it
appears I can assign a set of properties to a hierarchy. Am I on the right
track looking at this?

Michael S. Daly
MerckVaccines.com(TM)
Merck & Co., Inc.
MVD IS
Mail:	WP97-A369
Phone:	215-652-4735
Pager:	1-888-621-5636
Fax:	215-652-8846
E-mail:	michael_daly@merck.com

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.