Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Don Perial <pe...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/16 03:32:56 UTC

WebUI is Vulnerable to CSRF?

It seems that there is no way to protect the WebUI from CSRF and the fact
that the value for the access-control-allow-origin header is '*' appears to
confound this issue as well. I have searched the documentation and also did
quite a bit of Googling but have not seen any references to this. Is this
known and/or intended behavior?

The attached file should demonstrate the (elementary) attack.

Thanks In advance,

Re: WebUI is Vulnerable to CSRF?

Posted by Don Perial <pe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Paul. Filed DRILL-7351 for this.

It's worth noting that hosting a web app (such as the Drill web UI) does
not prevent CSRF attacks as a malicious web site can still attempt to call
into private/non-public websites (eg. from Javascript in the browser), it
may not get access to the reply but even then can trigger a mutation (eg. a
POST request) on the private web app.

Best regards,

Dondi