Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org> on 2010/10/06 22:17:17 UTC

[ANN] HBase-0.89.20100924, our third 'developer release', is now available for download

The HBase Team would like to announce the availability of the third
in our 'developer release' series, hbase-0.89.20100924.  Binary
and source tar balls are available here:

 http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hbase/

You can browse the documentation here:

 http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100924/

This release contains a rollback of some features that were added to
the master in 0726 that made it more unstable, but also contains about
40 fixes for bugs (including more reliable region server failovers)
and performance improvements.

Our 'developer releases' are for those who can tolerate risk and who
are willing to give feedback in advance of our next major release.
We're not making any guarantees that this is bug free. Its definitely
not for production deploys.  See
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HBaseVersions for more on the new
hbase versoning and our developer releases series. Also, please have a
look at the KNOWN_ISSUES.txt file next to the tar balls for critical
issues you need to be aware of.

Thanks to all who contributed to this release.

Yours,

The HBase Team