Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by tison <wa...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/22 15:36:42 UTC

Required and recommended JavaVersion for Pulsar broker

Hi devs.

During a review of PR-16163[1] I notice a comment from @Enrico Olivelli
<eo...@gmail.com>  on PR-14953 said:

> We are currently still supporting jdk8 (on the server side)

However, on our README.md it recommends:

Pulsar Runtime Java Version Recommendation
pulsar master branch
Broker JavaVersion: 17

Also from the pom.xml file it shows:

    <maven.compiler.source>17</maven.compiler.source>
    <maven.compiler.target>17</maven.compiler.target>

<pulsar.broker.compiler.release>${maven.compiler.target}</pulsar.broker.compiler.release>
    <pulsar.client.compiler.release>8</pulsar.client.compiler.release>

I'm unsure what JavaVersion required and recommend for Pulsar broker.

IIUC https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/15264 and PIP-156 (
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/15207) are ongoing efforts to run
pulsar broker with JDK17.

Best,
tison.

[1] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/16163

Re: Required and recommended JavaVersion for Pulsar broker

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your information!

Then I think we can merge PR-16163 to master and release with 2.11, while
not to cherry-pick to <=2.10.

Best,
tison.

Ran Gao <rg...@apache.org> 于2022年6月23日周四 10:01写道: