Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org> on 2010/03/03 10:15:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release Karaf 1.4.0 - Take 3

The Karaf 1.4.0 artifacts have been staged for release.

This release build includes some missing headers as pointed out by Karl in
the previous vote, as well as some additional ones discovered after
upgrading to a newer Rat version.  There is one known Rat failure in
manual/src/styles/print.css because rat does not recognize the MIT license
text, but this file is now properly noted in the manual NOTICE file so the
rat failure can be safely ignored.  I have also fixed the duplicate .asc.asc
signatures.

As with the previous vote, I have noted that the vote will be open for *at
least* 72 hours in order to allow time for proper review.  Thanks for your
patience.

Release notes are here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310100&styleName=Html&version=12314410

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-003/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 003 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Chris Custine
FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com
Apache Felix :: http://felix.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Karaf 1.4.0 - Take 3

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Karl!  Much appreciated.

Chris

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
The vote has passed with the following result :

+1 (binding): Guillaume Nodet, Rob Walker, Karl Pauls
+1 (non binding): Chris Custine, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Jamie Goodyear,
Freeman Fang, Gert Vanthienen

I will copy this release to the Felix dist directory and
promote the artifacts to the central Maven repository.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Karaf 1.4.0 - Take 3

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Karaf 1.4.0 - Take 3

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
+1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 10:15, Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Karaf 1.4.0 artifacts have been staged for release.
>
> This release build includes some missing headers as pointed out by Karl in
> the previous vote, as well as some additional ones discovered after
> upgrading to a newer Rat version.  There is one known Rat failure in
> manual/src/styles/print.css because rat does not recognize the MIT license
> text, but this file is now properly noted in the manual NOTICE file so the
> rat failure can be safely ignored.  I have also fixed the duplicate .asc.asc
> signatures.
>
> As with the previous vote, I have noted that the vote will be open for *at
> least* 72 hours in order to allow time for proper review.  Thanks for your
> patience.
>
> Release notes are here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310100&styleName=Html&version=12314410
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-003/

> signatures:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>
> Usage:
> sh check_staged_release.sh 003 /tmp/felix-staging
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Chris Custine
> FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com