Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2001/12/19 13:44:42 UTC

try to improve logging

Hi Team,
I _try_ to improve our logging and wanna change
this to Berins proposal:
  core.log
  sitemap.log
  access.log
  error.log

I found a logkit.xconf, where I can define this categories.
Then I can assign this categories to the logger attribute
of component config. in the cocoon.xconf.

But I stuck defining different log targets for classes like
CocoonServlet, etc, which are not listed in the cocoon.xconf file.
Do I have to set the target in each class seperate or can I do it
in a general place, I didn't found?

Maybe sombody can give me a little hint where to start and
how to configure the LogKit best.

TIA

  Gerhard

"A man with one watch knows what time it is,
a man with two watches is never sure...
(Albert Einstein)"

RE: try to improve logging

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
>From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@indexgeo.com.au]
>Gerhard Froehlich wrote:
>> Giacomo Pati wrote:

>> >Correct. Actually even the component in the sitemap.xmap can be
>> >configured with the logger attribute.
>>
>> yep

>> >The CocoonServlet uses the log category mentioned in the web.xml file as
>> >parameter "servlet-logger". All other classes (including Avalon CM) uses
>> >the logger mentioned in the web.xml file parameter "cocoon-logger".
>>
>> aha, web.xml that was the missing file ;-). thx!!
>
>Would it be possible for you to add a new xdoc or entry in
>faq.xml for this? Even just simple dot-points for now would help.
>--David Crossley

Done

  Gerhard

TANSTAAFL

Re: try to improve logging

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.

RE: try to improve logging

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

> Giacomo,
> one last question. How can I redirect all error messages to
> a special error log.

With a priority-filter (see logkit.xconf). But there is no such thing
like "redirect". The root category uses the priority-filter target to
have all error messages in the servlet log ALSO.

Giacomo

RE: try to improve logging

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Giacomo,