Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org> on 2022/03/10 18:05:59 UTC

Re: Prometheus solr 7.2.1

Hello Dan,

I would recommend using a later version of the Prometheus Exporter, as
early versions had some pretty nasty bugs. I would try using 8.x, and it
should be pretty apparent if it's working or not from the start. At the
very least, use 7.7.3.

As for deployment, you definitely want to have it running in a separate
container, connecting to the same zk instances. I would only run 1
solr-exporter docker container, but if you can guarantee that it will be
brought back up if it dies (e.g. via a Deployment in Kubernetes).
Running multiple would likely be fine, but adds additional strain on your
resources for very little gain. If you do run multiple, make sure
prometheus knows to only scrape from one instance at a time, so maybe you
put a load balancer in front of the containers.

- Houston