Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/25 20:03:27 UTC

qpid-queue-stats: no output

Hi All,
When trying to run qpid-queue-stats against my local qpidd instance, I'm
not seeing any statistics being reported. I'm using the default qpidd
configuration (mgmt-enable and mgmt-qmf2 are enabled), and can verify that
the tool is able to connect to the broker and authenticate appropriately. I
also haven't touched the default ACLs shipped with qpidd.

Also these seem to work just fine:
  * qpid-config -b user/password@localhost queues
  * qpid-stat -b user/password@localhost -q

Is there something else I'm missing here?

Regards,
Matt

Re: qpid-queue-stats: no output

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/26/2015 06:03 PM, Matt Broadstone wrote:
> There are no errors or warning output from the broker that I can see, and
> I'm running v0.32 using the ubuntu packages mcpierce put together.
>
> I just ran with trace+ enabled (whoa), and do see a periodic messages about
> "no messages to dispatch on queue 'qmfc-v2-ui-<hostname>".. Does that seem
> relevant? Perhaps you could give me something to search for in this
> firehose of data! haha.

Sorry for the delayed response. The full trace is indeed a bit too much,
let's reduce it to: --log-enable notice+ --log-enable trace+:Protocol
--log-enable debug+:Management.

There is a large stream of information still when the qpid-queue-stats
first connects, but after that its a little less verbose. There should
be some periodic 'Management agent periodic processing' and every 10
secs a MessageTransfer to the client. With just qpid-queue-stats
running, its only the qmf messages that client is sending and receiving
itself that actually show up in stats. You could send and receive one or
two messages to some other queue just to check that.

If you tar up the log from that and attach it to a jira I can have a
look and see if I spot anything.

Re: qpid-queue-stats: no output

Posted by Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/26/2015 03:29 PM, Matt Broadstone wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>  On 05/25/2015 07:03 PM, Matt Broadstone wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi All,
>>>>

>>> How long are you waiting?
>>>

>> I've left the current run of it open for about five minutes so far.
>>

>>>   I'm using the default qpidd

>>> Rather than providing a single snapshot, the qpid-queue-stats tool will
>>> periodically print out the computed rates for any queues on which there
>>> is
>>> activity. I think its about 10 seconds between iterations, so you won't

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.