Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no> on 2003/10/29 16:09:04 UTC

[newbie] how to set JSESSIONID cookie

Hello!

I am developing a web-application that runs inside jboss+tomcat. The
authentication for the web-pages are FORM-based using a JAAS LoginModule.

I am also developing a client application in java. The client access some
servlets on the server. The client POSTs username&password to the server
and remember the session cookie.

Now I want to move client-server communication to axis. We are using RSA
SecurID passwords that change every minute, so the username&password can
not be sent for every request. Only in the start of a session.

I have read that the following code should be used on the server to get
hold of the current session from a service.
MessageContext mc = MessageContext.getCurrentContext();
Session s = mc.getSession();

What about the client? How can I set the JSESSIONID cookie header on every
http-request that the axis client performs? Should this be done in another
way?

 - Tore.

Re: [newbie] how to set JSESSIONID cookie

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Tore Halset wrote:

> What about the client? How can I set the JSESSIONID cookie header on every
> http-request that the axis client performs? Should this be done in another
> way?

Appending ;jsessionid=<sessionid> to the service-url does work, but is
that the way it should be done?

 - Tore.

Applet and Axis/SOAP

Posted by Olivier RICHAUD <ol...@richaud.net>.
We have developped an applet to communicate with one of our SOAP services
which implements a message style service. We are now trying to choose the
required jars to deploy this applet. Has anyone a pointer for that or can
recommend the smallest list of jars required for our applet.

We are using JDK 1.4.1 and the JRE is deployed on clients.

Regards.

Olivier.