Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Scott Florcsk <sc...@i-ax.com> on 2002/08/06 20:52:54 UTC

newbie questions

I can run the getQuote class from the command line with all the parameters and get back the "XXX: 55.25". The sticking point on getting this working was that I had to add an entry into my server-config.wsdd that dealt with this class and its associated webservice. (not in the instructions) This got me wondering...

Does every web service that you are going to run on axis require an entry in the server-config.wsdd file? If so, can someone point to some documentation on creating the syntax for the .wsdd file (or just documentation on the deploy.wsdd syntax)?

I also noticed that a web service is deployed if there is a .jws file in the axis directory. I tried this (with the Calculator example), and sure enough, it seemed to work, as I could get the WSDL with the ...axis/Calculator.jws?wsdl  URL. However, when I go to my axis web admin page and select "View list of deployed web services", the Calculator service (add/subtract methods) is not listed. Does this mean that I need a lot more than just a jws file for the Calculator thing to be deployed, or am I misinterpreting the documentation?

Thanks for any guidance.