Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2006/11/30 16:16:56 UTC

Thumbnail Popup Widget

Hi Folks,

Was wondering if a certain widget exists...

Here are my specs...

The content is just a gif/jpeg image. Could be a clip too for sports.

Anyway, I want to render it as a small thumbnail with HREF functionality
such that when clicked, it will produce a small POPUP for measurably larger
viewing and/or optionally launch the OS app that is responsible for it's
mime-type automatically.

Do one of these beasts exist?

How close can I get with what exists of anythign does exist?

If nothing exists, what could you suggest for a new widget? Should I
implement it myself? Any moch-up code to suggest or ideas?

I have my own Proto.library and could easily add a new widget to it that
does this kind of stuff.

Hate to re-invent the wheel if it already exists.

Thanks

Best regards
Ken in nashua

Re: Thumbnail Popup Widget

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Right. The Dialog component seems like an obvious no brainer for this one.

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/dojo/dialog.html

It doesn't really care what you put in it.

On 12/1/06, Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com> wrote:
> I haven't seen such a thing, myself.  It does seem like it wouldn't be
> too difficult to make.  Just provide two asset URLs and let js handle
> the rest.
>
> --sam
>

> On 11/30/06, Ken nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Was wondering if a certain widget exists...
> >
> > Here are my specs...
> >
> > The content is just a gif/jpeg image. Could be a clip too for sports.
> >
> > Anyway, I want to render it as a small thumbnail with HREF functionality
> > such that when clicked, it will produce a small POPUP for measurably larger
> > viewing and/or optionally launch the OS app that is responsible for it's
> > mime-type automatically.
> >
> > Do one of these beasts exist?
> >
> > How close can I get with what exists of anythign does exist?
> >
> > If nothing exists, what could you suggest for a new widget? Should I
> > implement it myself? Any moch-up code to suggest or ideas?
> >
> > I have my own Proto.library and could easily add a new widget to it that
> > does this kind of stuff.
> >
> > Hate to re-invent the wheel if it already exists.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Best regards
> > Ken in nashua

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

Re: Thumbnail Popup Widget

Posted by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com>.