Posted to users@maven.apache.org by moraleslos <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2007/01/11 07:05:48 UTC

Correlation between tagging and versioning

I'm about to tag my code in my repository to the maven-recommended
x.x.x-yyyyy-z format-- probably at 1.0.0-alpha-1.  I was wondering how this
correlates to the version used in my POMs-- currently at 1.0-SNAPSHOT.
Shouldn't they match, or are they suppose to be different?  I'm new to the
tagging/branching of code for release so if anyone has any suggestions, I
would appreciate it.  I just would like to know how maven2 can help
facilitate in code releases since it has some project management
functionality built in.  Thanks in advance.

-los

Re: Correlation between tagging and versioning

Posted by moraleslos <mo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Yann,

Thanks for the reply.  I guess what I was looking for is if I needed to do
everything, e.g. tagging, through maven2 or can I do that in SVN and then
sync the releases with maven2?

-los

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.
Most of the time when this happens and it is an open source project I
check out the source and "release" it to our company repository with our
companyname in the version. ie. project-1.1.1-name-1.

Hth,

Nick S.

Posted by Yann Le Du <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by moraleslos <mo...@hotmail.com>.
I'm reading the maven release:prepare and noticed that it will not build
because of SNAPSHOT dependencies.  In my multiproject, I'm using a
dependency that is currently in SNAPSHOT release and won't be upgraded for a

Posted by Yann Le Du <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Los,