Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nick De Decker <ni...@i-vision.be> on 2002/04/06 02:45:07 UTC

General apache 1.3 config

Hello,

I have some little questions about the apache 1.3 config.
I want to setup several namebased virtualhosts (i just have 1 ip).
the documentroot of each virtualhost will be located in
/home/webusers/XXXX/httpdocs
where XXXX is the virtual domainname.
I will also have /home/webusers/XXXX/cgi-bin for every virtualhost.

Now my question is :  Can i specify the default options for every
virtualhost in just one place ? (AllowOverride and Options directives) Or do
i have to set them up in each virtualhost seperately with a <directory>
directive for each cgi-bin and httpdocs directory ?
Can't set somewhere options for the /home/webusers directory so that all
this virtualhosts inherite these settings ?

Any help is welcome...

Regards,
Nick

Re: General apache 1.3 config

Posted by Lewis Watson <li...@visionsix.com>.
> I have some little questions about the apache 1.3 config.
> I want to setup several namebased virtualhosts (i just have 1 ip).
> the documentroot of each virtualhost will be located in
> /home/webusers/XXXX/httpdocs
> where XXXX is the virtual domainname.
> I will also have /home/webusers/XXXX/cgi-bin for every virtualhost.
>
> Now my question is :  Can i specify the default options for every
> virtualhost in just one place ? (AllowOverride and Options directives) Or
do
> i have to set them up in each virtualhost seperately with a <directory>
> directive for each cgi-bin and httpdocs directory ?
> Can't set somewhere options for the /home/webusers directory so that all
> this virtualhosts inherite these settings ?
>
> Any help is welcome...
>
> Regards,
> Nick

It is my understanding that you can set these in the main configuration and
they will be passed down from there to each virtual host. Also, another
thing to consider. A lack of any = ALL .

Lewis Watson