Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by avin98 <av...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/18 08:27:29 UTC

connecting to the same server

Hi,

I have a design such that my MDB is a long lived conversation. I have my
active MQ servers hosted in a cluster ... and so I need to connect to the
same server from which I made my first connection.

So I get the hostname ...

java.net.InetAddress i = java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost();
hostName = i.getHostName();

I set this in the JMSReplyTo, but this doesn't seem to work.
Is there anything that I am missing out ???

Re: connecting to the same server

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/18/06, avin98 <av...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a design such that my MDB is a long lived conversation.

Try using Message Groups...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/message-groups.html

and setting the JMSXGroupID of each message to be the 'long lived
conversation ID' to ensure each message goes to the same consumer each
time.

--

James
-------