Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Stanton Sievers <ss...@apache.org> on 2013/12/04 15:36:34 UTC

Re: opensocial makeRequest time out

Hi Gustavo,

Your issue is likely that the socket is timing out and not the connection.
The BasicHttpFetcher treats any number of timeout exceptions in the same
way (ConnectionPoolTimeoutException, SocketTimeoutException,
SocketException, HttpHostConnectException.... and so on).

Try setting "shindig.http.client.read-timeout-ms" as well.  This may
default to 0 (infinite) but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

If that doesn't work, you should ensure that you are setting the timeouts
in the correct place.  You can be very certain that the values are being
used by setting one of the timeouts to 0 or less.  An exception will be
thrown in this case.

Also, I've written a Shindig bug [1] to help diagnose these problems in the
future.

Thanks,
-Stanton

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1961

Posted by Gustavo Monarin <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stanton,

Thanks a bunch for so detailed answer.  I was not sure if here was the
proper list to ask this.

I will try this and i was  also thinking to replace all the makeRequest
from gadgest.io by some xhr library implementation directly, in my case by
the jquery.get..

Regards,

--

Gustavo Monarin de Sousa