Posted to dev@community.apache.org by sharanf <sh...@apache.org> on 2022/04/10 14:54:20 UTC

[REMINDER]: Submissions Open for Community Track at ApacheCon New Orleans

Hi All

The CFP for ApacheCon NA in New Orleans is open and wanted to remind you
that we have a Community track and we are looking for your submissions.

So what is the Community track? It's an opportunity for anyone from our
communities to talk about and share what they have done, learned or
experienced as part of being in involved with Apache.

So what sort of topics are we looking for? (Here are some examples to
get you thinking :-)

  * Your Apache story..How and why did you get involved with the ASF?
  * What does it mean to you to be a Contributor, Committer, Member or
    Officer in the Foundation?
  * What does the Apache way mean to you? What are your real life
    stories about understanding and adopting it?
  * Did you or your project have any particular challenges to overcome?
    What happened? What worked? And what didn't!
  * How diverse and inclusive are our communities?What have you seen or
    experienced?
  * All those with knowledge of Apache branding, licencing, governance -
    please feel free to submit something that will share your knowledge
    with others.
  * Do you have any data or opinions about where we are now and what our
    future communities could evolve into?

The Community Track is all about our communities sharing their thoughts
and experiences with others, so that we can learn from it.
I'm going to mention this upfront as we always seem to get a rush of
submissions in the last week or even the last 24 hours of the CFP - so
although the CFP closes on 23rd May - please don't leave it to the last
moment to submit something :-)

Please see below for a link to the CFP
<https://apachecon.com/acna2022/cfp.html> and you can alsofind out more
details on the ApacheCon site <https://www.apachecon.com/acna2022/>.

It's great to finally be planning a face to face event and we are
looking forward to your submissions :-)

Thanks
Sharan

Re: [REMINDER]: Submissions Open for Community Track at ApacheCon New Orleans

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Works for me now.

Thanks to whoever fixed it.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 4:20 AM Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> wrote:

> Works for me :)
>
> Do you still have some problems?
>
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 4:38 AM Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Sharan,
> >
> > The link https://cfp.apachecon.com/ seems to be unavailable.
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 9:54 AM sharanf <sh...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > The CFP for ApacheCon NA in New Orleans is open and wanted to remind
> you
> > > that we have a Community track and we are looking for your submissions.
> > >
> > > So what is the Community track? It's an opportunity for anyone from our
> > > communities to talk about and share what they have done, learned or
> > > experienced as part of being in involved with Apache.
> > >
> > > So what sort of topics are we looking for? (Here are some examples to
> > > get you thinking :-)
> > >
> > >   * Your Apache story..How and why did you get involved with the ASF?
> > >   * What does it mean to you to be a Contributor, Committer, Member or
> > >     Officer in the Foundation?
> > >   * What does the Apache way mean to you? What are your real life
> > >     stories about understanding and adopting it?
> > >   * Did you or your project have any particular challenges to overcome?
> > >     What happened? What worked? And what didn't!
> > >   * How diverse and inclusive are our communities?What have you seen or
> > >     experienced?
> > >   * All those with knowledge of Apache branding, licencing, governance
> -
> > >     please feel free to submit something that will share your knowledge
> > >     with others.
> > >   * Do you have any data or opinions about where we are now and what
> our
> > >     future communities could evolve into?
> > >
> > > The Community Track is all about our communities sharing their thoughts
> > > and experiences with others, so that we can learn from it.
> > > I'm going to mention this upfront as we always seem to get a rush of
> > > submissions in the last week or even the last 24 hours of the CFP - so
> > > although the CFP closes on 23rd May - please don't leave it to the last
> > > moment to submit something :-)
> > >
> > > Please see below for a link to the CFP
> > > <https://apachecon.com/acna2022/cfp.html> and you can alsofind out
> more
> > > details on the ApacheCon site <https://www.apachecon.com/acna2022/>.
> > >
> > > It's great to finally be planning a face to face event and we are
> > > looking forward to your submissions :-)
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Sharan

Sent from A Mobile Device

Re: [REMINDER]: Submissions Open for Community Track at ApacheCon New Orleans

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
Works for me :)

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Hi Sharan,

Fwd: [REMINDER]: Submissions Open for Community Track at ApacheCon New Orleans

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I don’t think I’ll be able to submit a talk this year unfortunately (still going through some OSPO approval process for Log4j in general), but I’ll certainly be at ApacheCon this year. I highly encourage contributors here to submit a talk proposal. There’s a couple relevant tracks such as performance engineering and community. If anyone wants to do a talk about 3.0, feel free!

—
Matt Sicker

Begin forwarded message: