Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/09 10:55:02 UTC

shouldn't html taglib support _ALL_ HTML 4.x default attributes?

Subject: shouldn't html taglib support _ALL_ HTML 4.x default attributes?
From: Serge Shikov <sh...@rinet.ru>
 ===
Hello,

I mean - id, lang, class, and many other attributes, defined in HTML 4.x
specs? Why I coudn't specify id or class in <html:form> to do some DHTML
tricks later?

Re: shouldn't html taglib support _ALL_ HTML 4.x default attributes?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Struts Newsgroup wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:55:02 -0700
> From: Struts Newsgroup <st...@basebeans.com>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: shouldn't html taglib support _ALL_ HTML 4.x default attributes?
>
> Subject: shouldn't html taglib support _ALL_ HTML 4.x default attributes?
> From: Serge Shikov <sh...@rinet.ru>
>  ===
> Hello,
>
> I mean - id, lang, class, and many other attributes, defined in HTML 4.x
> specs? Why I coudn't specify id or class in <html:form> to do some DHTML
> tricks later?

The "styleId" attribute on nearly every Struts HTML tag actually generates
the "id" attribute in the emitted HTML.  We couldn't use "id" directly
because it is a reserved attribute name in JSP 1.1.  Likewise,
"styleClass" on the Struts tag renders "class" in HTML.

As for the rest, we've added most of the HTML 4.01 attributes that people
have asked for.  If you've got specific ones in mind, please submit an
enhancement request to our bug tracking system:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

Craig