Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Suneetha Rao <su...@india.adventnet.com> on 2002/10/05 06:46:02 UTC

Is Like Search Possible ?

Hi,
        I've used lucene and indexed the whole database where I savd the
mail headers
and some files where I saved the mail contents.I would like to to a
search on email
ids.I'm using a Boolean Query to retirive results and is using the
StandardAnalyzer.
How do I translate the SQL Statement
            SELECT * FROM <tableName> where TOADDRESS LIKE '%infy%' ;
I  tried   the query  +(toAddress:infy*) but it does  does not retrieve
any results.
I basically want to retrieve all records that have the toAddress
like abc@infy.com.Is there something wrong with the way Iquery?
How should I get to desired results.
   Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Suneetha

Re: Is Like Search Possible ?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Read the FAQ first, please.  The answer is in there.

Otis