Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by GGK Prabhu <go...@nestec.net> on 2002/11/11 10:02:09 UTC

Basic Doubt in log4j

Dear Friends

I am very New to LOG4J.

I am using log4j for the last one week.

I used Log4j for generating Log Files using the classes

Logger
PropertyConfigurator

and I use
				logger.debug("Debug message.");
				logger.info("Info message");
				logger.fatal("FATAL message");
				logger.error("Error message");
				logger.warn("Warn Message");
methods.....

But I found that there are more than 100 other classes in the
Log4j.jar file...

Can any one please tell me what are the use of the other Classes
briefly

and Where can I get the detailed help of these Classes....

Is there any help documents available for log4j ??

Thanks in Advance.
G.Gopala krishna Prabhu
(gopalak@nestec.net)

RE: Basic Doubt in log4j

Posted by Thomas Muller <tt...@online.no>.
You find a short introduction to Log4j here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html

A commercial manual can be found here:
http://www.flashline.com/components/view.jsp?prodid=4702&affiliateid=657173

Also, you should peruse the javadoc of the vital classes in Log4j, such as
Logger, XMLConfigurator, PropertyConfigurator, and PatternLayout.

Hope this helps.

--

Thomas

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2002. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this Commercial Communication should be treated
in confidence.
No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.