Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Alexander Schätzle <al...@yahoo.com> on 2010/05/22 12:48:24 UTC

Implementation of Flatten()

Hi,

does anybody know where to find the source code of the flatten() function of Pig?
I can't find it in the package "org.apache.pig.builtin" of pig.jar.

Thx in advance,
Alex

Re: Implementation of Flatten()

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
flatten is not implemented as a UDF.  It's implemented as part of the
foreach code, which is in src/org/apache/pig/backend/hadoop/
executionengine/physicalLayer/relationalOperators/POForEach.java

Alan.