Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by "Lukasz L." <Lu...@sabre.com> on 2009/01/28 19:04:25 UTC

Exception: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=119, too big

Hi,
I use WSS4J in interceptor in CXF consumer (inside servicemix esb) to verify
Signature in incoming message (using public key store in a keystore). For
many keys it works but sometimes (for certain public key) I got an exception
below. All keys are generated using keytool from JRE.
Any idea about the reason of it?
(one more note: I am able to list the content of this faulty keystore using
keytool -list)

java.security.cert.CertificateException: Unable to initialize,
java.io.IOException: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=119, too big.
	at sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl.<init>(X509CertImpl.java:182)
	at
sun.security.provider.X509Factory.engineGenerateCertificate(X509Factory.java:90)
	at
java.security.cert.CertificateFactory.generateCertificate(CertificateFactory.java:271)
	at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:745)
	at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1150)
	at
org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.AbstractCrypto.load(AbstractCrypto.java:141)
	at
org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.AbstractCrypto.<init>(AbstractCrypto.java:100)
	at org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin.<init>(Merlin.java:72)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
	at
org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.CryptoFactory.loadClass(CryptoFactory.java:211)
	at
org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.CryptoFactory.getInstance(CryptoFactory.java:176)
	at
org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.loadSignatureCrypto(WSHandler.java:372)
	at
org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.decodeSignatureParameter2(WSHandler.java:897)
	at
org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.doReceiverAction(WSHandler.java:256)
	at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor.handleMessage(WSS4JInInterceptor.java:145)
	at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor.handleMessage(WSS4JInInterceptor.java:65)
	at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:220)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:77)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.serviceRequest(JettyHTTPDestination.java:278)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.doService(JettyHTTPDestination.java:252)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPHandler.handle(JettyHTTPHandler.java:70)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:49)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:879)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:741)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:213)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:403)
	at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at
org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:522)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=119,
too big.
	at sun.security.util.DerInputStream.getLength(DerInputStream.java:530)
	at sun.security.util.DerValue.<init>(DerValue.java:234)
	at sun.security.util.DerInputStream.getDerValue(DerInputStream.java:386)
	at sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl.parse(X509CertImpl.java:1688)
	at sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl.<init>(X509CertImpl.java:179)
	... 35 more

RE: Exception: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=119, too big

Posted by "Lukasz L." <Lu...@sabre.com>.
I tested both keystores with your code and it seems to be ok, I need to
verify it once again.
Thanks for help

Posted by "Lukasz L." <Lu...@sabre.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: Exception: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=119, too big

Posted by "Lukasz L." <Lu...@sabre.com>.
Hi Colm,

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@progress.com>.
[...]

Method)
	at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorA
ccessorImpl.java:39)
	at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons
tructorAccessorImpl.java:27)