Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk> on 2013/01/30 11:32:51 UTC

[T5.4-alpha-2] Ajax alerts not rendered after a call to dismissAll()

When first rendered via a call to setupUI the alerts HTML looks like:

      ... alerts ...

After a call to dismissAll() the HTML looks like:

With the inner container nowhere to be found. So when an attempt is
next made to show an alert after an ajax call:

(t5/core/alert.coffee)

    alert = (data) ->
      container = findInnerContainer()
      return unless container

Eeek! No container! So alert() just exits.

Should I raise a JIRA?

While someone is on the alert.coffee code, could you add a "warn"
class to the severityToClass object... pretty please!

Steve.

Re: [T5.4-alpha-2] Ajax alerts not rendered after a call to dismissAll()

Posted by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk>.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2062

Re: [T5.4-alpha-2] Ajax alerts not rendered after a call to dismissAll()

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
The mailing list doesn't allow attachments. Can you please open an issue
and attach the patch there?

Kalle

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Steve Eynon <steve.eynon@alienfactory.co.uk

Posted by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk>.
So... my last email was a little, um, wrong!

The error is actually to do with dismissOne() removing the inner
container - but wotever, it boils down to a typo on Line 77 (ish) of
alert.coffee:

    container.on "click button.close", ->

should actually be:

    container.on "click", "button.close", ->

Patch file for alert.coffee attached.

Steve.
--
Steve Eynon