Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com> on 2017/05/31 15:40:47 UTC

Cayenne 4.0.BETA

Hi all,

As all features scheduled for BETA are done, I'm going to start
release procedure on this Friday.
If someone have any issues with latest version or any other concerns
about release you are welcome to tell.

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: Cayenne 4.0.BETA

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I think this was the understanding all along. Next we might try to aim for a smaller scope 4.1 release, and a more ambitious 5.0.

I like how we managed to control the scope in the last ~9 months, pushing out anything that did not advance the main 4.0 "story" (the story being DB-first flow, and advanced object queries). Hoping we can preserve the same discipline with 4.1. While 5.0 may be reserved for experimentation with a number of untried ideas.

Andrus

Re: Cayenne 4.0.BETA

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
As long as we realise that what a beta really represents is a freeze on the API and features. So after this point we really don't have a chance to change things until we get to 5.0.

Ari

On 2/6/17 10:28pm, Nikita Timofeev wrote:
> I think that having build ready will lead to more feedback :)
> So I'm going to start release process right now, and the next step
> will be voting!
>
> Everyone will have enough time to evaluate everything while voting is
> in progress
> (and we can prolong voting as BETA is really important step forward).
>
> On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> wrote:
>> I think the main thing to ensure is that we are all happy with all the new API and method signatures added. Everything else can be fixed during the beta, but we want to make sure this is locked down.
>>
>> This has been a long time coming, but it is very exciting!
>>
>> Ari
>>

>> On 1/6/17 9:03pm, Michael Gentry wrote:
>>> Wow, that seems quick!  I'll carve out some weekend review time.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> mrg
>>>

>>> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Nikita Timofeev <ntimofeev@objectstyle.com

>> --
>> -------------------------->
>> Aristedes Maniatis

-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Cayenne 4.0.BETA

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
I think that having build ready will lead to more feedback :)
So I'm going to start release process right now, and the next step
will be voting!

Everyone will have enough time to evaluate everything while voting is
in progress
(and we can prolong voting as BETA is really important step forward).

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> wrote:
> I think the main thing to ensure is that we are all happy with all the new API and method signatures added. Everything else can be fixed during the beta, but we want to make sure this is locked down.
>
> This has been a long time coming, but it is very exciting!
>
> Ari
>

> On 1/6/17 9:03pm, Michael Gentry wrote:
>> Wow, that seems quick!  I'll carve out some weekend review time.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> mrg
>>

>> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Nikita Timofeev <ntimofeev@objectstyle.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> As all features scheduled for BETA are done, I'm going to start
>>> release procedure on this Friday.
>>> If someone have any issues with latest version or any other concerns
>>> about release you are welcome to tell.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Nikita Timofeev