Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Fabian Cretton <Fa...@hevs.ch> on 2014/09/01 15:13:02 UTC

Rép. : Re: Possible contribution

Thank you for fixing the pom problems for version 3.3.0

If we developp a module without touching the existing Marmotta project,
would you recommand me to work with the last stable version (3.2.1), or
is it better to work with the 3.3.0 anyway ?

Eventhough I can build the project with maven (outside of Eclipse and
in eclispe with m2e), I still have some strange errors in eclipse.
For instance, the "marmotta-commons" module, file "ModelCommons" does
have this include:
import javolution.util.function.Predicate;
and it can't be resolved, even after the Maven Install you recommanded
me.

In the pom.xml, i do find:
        <!-- TODO: for now we use the source code in ext/ because it
contains some bug fixes -->
        <!--
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.javolution</groupId>
            <artifactId>javolution-core-java</artifactId>
            <version>6.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </dependency>
        -->

Is this the cause of the problem ?
if yes, am I able to fixe it ?

Thank you
Fabian

>>> Sergio Fernández<wi...@apache.org> 27.08.2014 16:31 >>>
Hi Fabian,

On 27/08/14 14:49, Fabian Cretton wrote:
> My first goal was: to build the all project locally, run my locally
> built Marmotta, and then start adding components.
> But my first concern now that I am digging deeper, is that Marmotta
is
> a pretty big project (about 80 projects), and so you might recommand
me
> not to import the main "pom.xml" in my eclipse environment, but
start
> smaller ?

Then start from the platform modules.

> If there is already a documentation about how to procede, thank you
> point me there, I didn't find any by myself.

Well, the overall build process is entirely manage by Maven, check
http://marmotta.apache.org/installation#source

> Nevertheless, I do have problems and errors in Eclipse, and hope you
> can help me about that.

Eclipse should be able to manage such king of size of modules with
Maven.

> The first problems I do have, are with many "Plugin execution not
> covered by lifecycle configuration" errors.

Some plugin lifecycles might not be supported inside Eclipse. Just
ignore it, you should not need them.

> Than I do have 6-7 : "Project build error: Non-resolvable parent
POM:
> Could not find artifact
> org.apache.marmotta:marmotta-parent:pom:3.2.1-SNAPSHOT and
> 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM pom.xml
> /marmotta-backend-sparql line 23 Maven pom Loading Problem"
> and here I am pretty confused: it seems that some POM files are not
> up-to-date in this 3.3.0 current version, as they do still point to
> "3.2.1" parent POM file, but the parent is already in its "3.3.0"
> version ?

Sorry for the error. Those modules are out of the default profile, so
the release plugin did not update the versions accordingly. It's
already
fixed in the develop branch; please update your fork.

> Then, apart from those Maven errors, I do have a few java errors
with
> many "imports" or "types" which can't be resolved, and this seems
very
> strange to me. But maybe solving the main Maven problems here above
> would correct that ?

All dependencies are available from Maven central. Try to make a "maven

install" from the root.

> A first goal for me would be to update the Marmotta's main menu so
that
> under "Others", next to "Linked Data Caching", I could have a
"External
> Data Sources" menu and then work an that new module as discussed
earlier
> with you.

Then you need to create a custom module and add it to your custom
webapp
launcher. All the process is supported by Maven artifacts, as described
at:

http://wiki.apache.org/marmotta/Customizing#Modules

Hope that helps.

Cheers,