Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sy...@cognos.com> on 2002/05/06 22:12:40 UTC

Serialization problem over SSL when providing null values as para meters.

Hi,

Somehow Axis dislike my "null" value parameters when serializing the
message.  This problem only occurs when I am in an SSL environment.  (with
Tomcat 4.01)

When I call my method with all the paramters like below:

  binding.query( "/content/*", new QueryOptions());

then it is all good, however, when I do:

  binding.query( "/content/*", null);

The SerializationContextImpl.serialize():557 never returns.

  attrs = (AttributesImpl) setTypeAttribute(attrs, xmlType);

As I said this problem does not occur when I am in a non secure env.
It really looks to me that it is the null who cause the problem.

--
Sylvain