Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by hitesh ingole <hi...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/16 01:17:38 UTC

Need help in adding primary storage

Hello Team,

I am trying to set up a cloud stack env with kvm hypervisor on an HP
blade servers. This blade servers has a lun storage mounted using a
multipath.

I need to configure this device as a primary storage.
Which protocol and provider should I use ?

Regards
Hitesh Ingole

Re: Need help in adding primary storage

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com.INVALID>.
Hello Hitesh,

In KVM you can use shared mount point if you have LUN mounted from backend on each server, so for creating a shared mount point ( if you have multiple KVM hosts), you will need to implement a solution like PCS cluster ( pacemaker, corosync ). If you can use  NFS then it’s better for KVM otherwise PCS cluster, it’s a bit hard to manage in long term and required dedicated skilled  man power to manage it.

Vivek Kumar
Sr. Manager - Cloud & DevOps
TechOps | Indiqus Technologies

vivek.kumar@indiqus.com <ma...@indiqus.com>
	www.indiqus.com <https://www.indiqus.com/>

> On 16-May-2023, at 6:47 AM, hitesh ingole <hi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Team,
>
> I am trying to set up a cloud stack env with kvm hypervisor on an HP
> blade servers. This blade servers has a lun storage mounted using a
> multipath.
>
> I need to configure this device as a primary storage.
> Which protocol and provider should I use ?
>
> Regards
> Hitesh Ingole

information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the
original message and any copy of it from your computer system. You are
communication is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been
obtained for such action. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately. Although IndiQus attempts to sweep
e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that both are
virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of
viruses.