Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Fröstl, Christian <ch...@accenture.com> on 2018/08/13 16:02:40 UTC

Get thrown_name from JSON appender in RollingRandomAccessFile appender

Hi everybody,

we are using the log4j2 json appender to generate json logs which will be used in graylog.
The JSON layout doesn’t fit perfectly for us, and I tried to create our own JSON by using the RollingRandomAccessFile appender with the patternLayout and the JSON encoding function.
This fits very good for us, but I am not able to create a field thrown_name, like in the JSON appender.

Example of JSON Appender:
Field name: thrown_extendedStackTrace
Value: org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException; ......... <the whole stacktrace>

Field name: thrown_name
Value: org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException

It is no problem to generate the whole stacktrace in patternlayout using this code snippet: enc{%throwable}{JSON}
But how to generate a field which only includes the thrown_name of the exception?

Thanks and greetings,
Christian

________________________________

www.accenture.com

Re: [External] Get thrown_name from JSON appender in RollingRandomAccessFile appender

Posted by Fröstl, Christian <ch...@accenture.com>.
If this is not implemented at the moment, is there a possibility to parse for example %rEx{short} with regex or in another way?

Christian

On 15.08.18, 01:55, "Ralph Goers" <ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

    Is there a reason why you cannot use $ex{short.className} in your pattern?

    Ralph

________________________________

Posted by Fröstl, Christian <ch...@accenture.com>.
Thanks, ticket opened: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2410

Christian

On 15.08.18, 16:16, "Ralph Goers" <ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

    Thanks, my mistake. Yes, please create a Jira. We should add something like %ex{short.exceptionName}.

    Ralph

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Fröstl, Christian <ch...@accenture.com>.

________________________________

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: [External] Re: Get thrown_name from JSON appender in RollingRandomAccessFile appender

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fröstl, Christian <ch...@accenture.com>.

        --
        Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [External] Re: Get thrown_name from JSON appender in RollingRandomAccessFile appender

Posted by Fröstl, Christian <ch...@accenture.com>.

    --
    Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Get thrown_name from JSON appender in RollingRandomAccessFile appender

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>