Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2001/10/23 20:03:17 UTC

[C2.1 PATCH] little patch for the fs queue

Spending the whole evening reading Berins PDF
about Avalon, I determined a little design burst
in the FilesystemQueue Interface.

	"Don't extend any other interface"

here is the patch which will correct this. You
see Berin your documentation is working. Nice
work by the way, it`s a good and readable reference.

I'm starting to like Avalon :-). I had some "start
problems".

Greets
Gerhard

Re: [C2.1 PATCH] little patch for the fs queue

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

> here is the patch which will correct this. You
> see Berin your documentation is working. Nice
> work by the way, it`s a good and readable reference.

BTW, this is also the quality of documentation that
Cocoon needs.  I started on that path (i.e. the tutorial),
but had to stop before I got too far.

Re: [C2.1 PATCH] little patch for the fs queue

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> > I'm starting to like Avalon :-). I had some "start
> > problems".
>
> Once people "get it" they like it.  !)

Oh, you don't even imagine how happy I am to read this!

In my todo list, pretty high up, there is an item about making Cocoon
2.0 documentation ready for final release. Hopefully I'll be able to do
that before the end of november.

And yes, this will do for Cocoon what your documentation is starting to
do for Avalon.

Frameworks without good docs are entirely useless for anybody but the
code authors. This is likely to be a ruled that will be carved in stone
sooner or later :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: [C2.1 PATCH] little patch for the fs queue

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

> Spending the whole evening reading Berins PDF
> about Avalon, I determined a little design burst
> in the FilesystemQueue Interface.
>
>         "Don't extend any other interface"
>
> here is the patch which will correct this. You
> see Berin your documentation is working. Nice
> work by the way, it`s a good and readable reference.

Thank you very much.  I had written it for the fall
ApacheCon that got cancelled (and my entry got rejected
as well).

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
forget that patch, it doesn't work.

next rule: first make a test compile then send the patch

sorry for making noise!!!!