Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1996/06/17 07:03:23 UTC

Re: On the plate...

> 1) RST's patch to restore r->bytes_sent.
> 2) RST's patch to "make Apache behave a little more sensibly
> when a script stops reading output early"
> 3) RST's patch to fix auth behavior wrt PUTs and things
> 4) Garey's OS/2 patches.
>
> No one's commented yet on 1 or 2, a couple people have wondered if
> anyone's making use of the current (broken) behavior fixed by 3, and
> several people have questioned 4.
>
> I say, commit 'em. Unless someone can point and say "this *will* break
> something.", I think it's infinitely better to have
> less-than-completely tested patches in 1.1b4 and break half the web
> servers out there than have almost-completely-tested patches applied
> to 1.1.0 and break half the web servers out there.

Commit 'em.

> Looks like 1.1b4 isn't coming out tonight... how about tomorrow?
> Randy, how's the Unixware stuff coming? From your last message, it
> sounded like we might just as well release 1.1b4, since you didn't
> know if you could fix it.

I have been given access to a machine in .au (oh boy!). Can't seem
to get connected... I'll give it a little time tomorrow, but no
promises. Seems like it would be a nice one to fix, but doesn't
really make much difference to me. (How'd I get into this one???)

> Here, let's do this: Unless someone objects, tomorrow, around
> lunchtime (Pacific time), I'll commit the patches listed above (unless
> someone beats me to it) and any others people want in there, release a
> 1.1b4, and we can worry about releasing a 1.1.0 before aliens come and
> blow up the planet (ID4).
>
> Howzat sound?

Sounds fine.

Please add the patch (or a patch) to fix the dependency regarding
the crypt.h include in mod_auth_msql.c. I have submitted a patch
that allows it to compile. We'll need to figure out what machines
have it in order to take advantage of the prototype.

Re: On the plate...

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:
> Please add the patch (or a patch) to fix the dependency regarding
> the crypt.h include in mod_auth_msql.c. I have submitted a patch
> that allows it to compile. We'll need to figure out what machines
> have it in order to take advantage of the prototype.

Has:
	Irix 5.3
	Solaris 2.5

Has not: