Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by sridhar veerappan <sr...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 15:22:10 UTC

Regarding Spring ws with generated stub in CXF

Hi,

Can anyone please help me , how to write a web service in spring -ws with
the generated stub from CXF.

I am new to both spring-ws and CXF.

Thanks in Advance
Sridhar

Re: Regarding Spring ws with generated stub in CXF

Posted by Bharath Ganesh <bh...@gmail.com>.
>>you mean, cxf for generating stubs using run time. But here what do you
mean
>>by run time?

>From your description it looks like you need to invoke a web service
deployed somewhere. So here the runtime would mean the client runtime -
which would take care creating and sending SOAP requests to your service.
The client runtime would convert your Java objects into XML (SOAP message)
and then invoke the remote service. You could also use CXF to generate the
client side Java stubs for the remote service.

>>What I thought is, I have WSDL file, I need to create stubs using axis or
>>cxf or xmlbeans and create a soap request with the help of spring ws and
>>interact with the 3 party API with the wsdl.

Yes, from the remote service' WSDL you could generate the client side
stubs[1].  The stubs generated using CXF tools[2] would be JAX-WS compliant.
And as I said, CXF could create the SOAP requests as well, and then invoke
the remote service. You would just need to have the CXF libraries in your
classpath.

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/developing-a-consumer.html
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/wsdl-to-java.html

Posted by sridhar veerappan <sr...@gmail.com>.