Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> on 2005/11/27 18:33:26 UTC

Re: what libraries or frameworks i should use for my new jsf based project..... ?

Legolas Woodland wrote:
> Hi
> Thank you for reading my post.
> I should write a web application based on JSF and Sun java Studio
> Creator 2.
> here is my requirements :
> 1-reporting and charting
> 2-database access ,(all kinds of bindings between database and grids ,
> text box , checkbox ....)
> 3-some Ajax Operation (e.g : user enter a web site name and press Verify
> , i should look at my database and tell him/her whether the site is in
> our database or not)
> 4-users enter some html in my application to be stored into database ,
> now i should determine whether they has Javascript embedded into their
> html or not
> and if they has java script i should remove it.
> 5-what kind of security consideration i should have ? cross site attacks
> , brute force attacks , java script based attacks....
> is there some library that can help me about them ?
>

> Thank you for your help.

If you use Studio Creator2 you will have to use the RI,
the code this tool generates is very good but roots into the com.sun
hierarchy left and right, which is not TCK, hence you will have
to use the RI and additional creator runtimes for the new components.
As for ajax, use ajax anywhere, I have not used it yet, but it looks
very good.

Security, always have in mind sql injection hence, use precompiled
queries which remove that burden, I am not sure if ACEGI handles the
rest, I have not looked into the framework, but most of that stuff can
be killed by writing a dedicated servlet filter, which simple roots into
an error page in case of an attack.

Re: what libraries or frameworks i should use for my new jsf based project..... ?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 11/28/05, Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Craig

> > > Werner,
> > >
> > > This is not quite right.  The "com.sun" classes you are referring to
> > > are *not* dependent on the JSF RI ... they are a runtime layer on top
> > > of any standard JSF implementation (essentially at the same place that
> > > Shale would go).
> > >

> > > The RI is definitely used inside the tool, but you're free to replace
> > > it in the deployed runtime application.
> > >
> > > Craig
> > >

>  Thank you very much for your very expressive answers ,
> By your answer i found that for now there is no ready to use package of
> JSF component for JSC ?
> Another item , i worked with JSC and it seems to have problem with Unicode
> data.
> for example if i enter some data into a form and after submitting the form
> i try to show them in another page all of my character are converted to
> #2654.... (their ) Unicode representation.
> I followed this issue and found that it is a know problem and will be
> solved in next version
> now here are my question :
> 1-this is a problem related to Component library ?
> 2-if i make my application with current EA 2 version , will it works ok in
> next version ?
> 3-is there any date estimation about next release ?
> 4-how does JSC handle Internationalization ?
> in struts time i use bean:message tag and enter the tags in my resource
> file. now JSC  make all jobs easier , does it has i18n features for
> text,.... ?
> Thank you

A much better place to ask questions about Sun Java Studio Creator is the
developer forum for it:

    http://swforum.sun.com/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=123

There are also useful tutorials covering building internationalized
applications with Creator (along with tutorials on lots of other topics as
well):

http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/javatools/jscreator/learning/tutorials/<http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/javatools/jscreator/>

Craig

Re: what libraries or frameworks i should use for my new jsf based project..... ?

Posted by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi