Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 16:53:38 UTC

Associating configuration with clients outside of code

For a service, we can associate config (e.g. engage modules, set
properties and add policies) by putting these into the services.xml. I
think it would be good to be able to do the same for client code.

Maybe this is already possible for policies by using policy attachment?

Anyway, what I'm thinking is that for situations where I have a
repository or axis2.xml I ought to be able to engage modules, set
properties and add policies without writing code.

One question is how to associate this with a particular client - I'm
guessing that the best way would be by service qname. Policy
attachment certainly comes to mind as the most flexible approach.

Maybe we could even add some local policies for setting properties or
engaging non-policy aware modules and do all three things using policy
attachment.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle