Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2006/02/22 19:10:31 UTC

[axis2] Re: DeploymentEngine refactored to use just an InputStream

Guys, please use the [axis2] prefix when sending Axis2 related mail.

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 19:52 -0800, rick rineholt wrote:
> I was wondering if there would be any consideration to
> refactoring
> DeploymentEngine to use just InputStream instead of
> Strings for filename
> location and repositories  and then have a new
> standard
> DeploymentEngine that did the checking if the
> repository was there etc.
> and eventually opened a stream and used the Stream
> based
> DeploymentEngine that's based off of just a stream.
> I'm thinking in cases were Axis is embedded and the
> system does not want
> this file behavior it could reuse the stream based
> DeploymentEngine,
> hand it's own configuration stream and let it do it
> the heavy lifting... :-)

The current plan is to change the File to a URL .. I guess in principle
we could make the logic work with an InputStream instead and have the
default external driver be a URL.

Deepal, thoughts please.

Sanjiva.

Re: [axis2] Re: DeploymentEngine refactored to use just an InputStream

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
well ,  I can modify deployment to take inputStream for axis2.xml , but
I can not take input stream for repo location.

and other thing u can specify the location of the repo in axis2.xml (as
a parameter).

so I think it wont be a problem of passing inputStrem directly into
Deployment

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>Guys, please use the [axis2] prefix when sending Axis2 related mail.
>
>On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 19:52 -0800, rick rineholt wrote:
>

>>I was wondering if there would be any consideration to
>>refactoring
>>DeploymentEngine to use just InputStream instead of
>>Strings for filename
>>location and repositories  and then have a new
>>standard
>>DeploymentEngine that did the checking if the
>>repository was there etc.
>>and eventually opened a stream and used the Stream
>>based
>>DeploymentEngine that's based off of just a stream.
>>I'm thinking in cases were Axis is embedded and the
>>system does not want
>>this file behavior it could reuse the stream based
>>DeploymentEngine,
>>hand it's own configuration stream and let it do it
>>the heavy lifting... :-)
>>

>The current plan is to change the File to a URL .. I guess in principle
>we could make the logic work with an InputStream instead and have the
>default external driver be a URL.
>
>Deepal, thoughts please.
>
>Sanjiva.

Deepal