Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jacqueline Montague <me...@aol.com> on 2015/03/11 11:34:02 UTC

Problems 3.4.1 version

Hello, i am having problems with my Apache Open World word processing package. I have been using this product for approx 3/4 years without problems. I use  it for my correspondence/notes etc,  (system:  from my iPad i type a letter, send it to my email, copy and paste, go to Open World, open a page, paste then print. It has worked 100% until now)
I don't know if its something I did, the problem occurred  when I tried to cut and paste a document into Open World,  I was unable to paste the whole A4 data, just got the first 8 words, then it stuck and will not be budged. Now I cannot use OW at all..Since then i'm unable to copy and paste 'any' of my emails to O Word. i'm stuck with the last message. No matter what i do i cannot get rid of this page. Sorry if this message sounds a bit 'garbled'  but i don't know what to do, or how to sort problem...Can you PLEASE help me?

Kind regards

Jacqueline Montague

Re: Problems 3.4.1 version

Posted by Maurice Howe <ma...@gmail.com>.
The Apache OpenOffice Writer facility has been called many things (some
complimentary; some not so much) but "Open World" ​is the best yet.  But I
leave it to others to offer "real" help with your probem.

Maurice Howe

Re: Problems 3.4.1 version

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.
On 3/11/2015 5:34 AM, Jacqueline Montague wrote:
> Hello, i am having problems with my Apache Open World word processing package. I have been using this product for approx 3/4 years without problems. I use  it for my correspondence/notes etc,  (system:  from my iPad i type a letter, send it to my email, copy and paste, go to Open World, open a page, paste then print. It has worked 100% until now)
> I don't know if its something I did, the problem occurred  when I tried to cut and paste a document into Open World,  I was unable to paste the whole A4 data, just got the first 8 words, then it stuck and will not be budged. Now I cannot use OW at all..Since then i'm unable to copy and paste 'any' of my emails to O Word. i'm stuck with the last message. No matter what i do i cannot get rid of this page. Sorry if this message sounds a bit 'garbled'  but i don't know what to do, or how to sort problem...Can you PLEASE help me?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Jacqueline Montague

What the heck is Open World?

Dale Erwin

Re: Problems 3.4.1 version

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
As your not subscribed to this mailing list you will miss most of the
answers.
I copied you on this, but please reply to users@openoffice.apache.org only

On 11-Mar-15 21:34, Jacqueline Montague wrote:
> Hello, i am having problems with my Apache Open World word processing package.
You probably mean Apache OpenOffice
> I have been using this product for approx 3/4 years without problems.
And have you ever upgraded this product to the latest version?
> I use  it for my correspondence/notes etc,  (system:  from my iPad i type a letter, send it to my email, copy and paste, go to Open World, open a page, paste then print. It has worked 100% until now)
> I don't know if its something I did, the problem occurred  when I tried to cut and paste a document into Open World,  I was unable to paste the whole A4 data, just got the first 8 words, then it stuck and will not be budged.
This sounds more to a memory problem, have you tried to copy the data
into an other application?
> Now I cannot use OW at all..Since then i'm unable to copy and paste 'any' of my emails to O Word. i'm stuck with the last message. No matter what i do i cannot get rid of this page. Sorry if this message sounds a bit 'garbled'  but i don't know what to do, or how to sort problem...Can you PLEASE help me?
You use a lot of words without giving any information so it's hard to help.
Please tell us:
  - what version of Apache OpenOffice do you use
  - what Operating System and version do you have