Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ranganath <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/30 13:26:48 UTC

Kafka Performance testing

I am new to Kafka world, wanted to do performance testing on kafka.
I googled around, but dint find any useful document from which i can start
with.

Could you explain or point me to document it would be great.
Also which performance loading tool would be best to test kafka, I prefer
Jmeter though.

regards,

Re: Kafka Performance testing

Posted by Saïd Bouras <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Depending on what you want, you can go :
1) https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Performance+testing
where its explain the procedure to initiates performances tests and how to
use *kafka-consumer-perf-test.sh* and *kafka-producer-perf-test.sh* among
others useful scripts.

2) https://github.com/confluentinc/ducktape
It's testing integrations systems but has features to tests performances as
well and it's a tool developed by Confluent

I don't use Jmeter so I don't know if it will fit your request, but I found
a Kafka extension for Jmeter which seems to be a little popular :
https://github.com/BrightTag/kafkameter

Best regards

--

Saïd BOURAS

Consultant Big Data
Mobile: 0662988731
Zenika Paris
10 rue de Milan 75009 Paris
Standard : +33(0)1 45 26 19 15 <+33(0)145261915> - Fax : +33(0)1 72 70 45 10
<+33(0)172704510>