Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by blastkiller <bl...@gmx.net> on 2021/02/11 12:30:48 UTC

strange rdp problem

Hi
i have a very strange rdp issue. i can connect only to few windows servers.
some are working and some not. same configuartion. syslog says:

guacd[1926]: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
guacd[1926]: Connection ID is "$6b53d027-ee4d-4f7e-9763-ace3ef84fc8c"
guacd[4042]: No security mode specified. Defaulting to security mode
negotiation with server.
guacd[4042]: Resize method: none
guacd[4042]: User "@93617176-a028-442d-874c-b25a56897b17" joined connection
"$6b53d027-ee4d-4f7e-9763-ace3ef84fc8c" (1 users now present)
guacd[4042]: Loading keymap "base"
guacd[4042]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
guacd[4042]: Error connecting to RDP server
guacd[4042]: User "@93617176-a028-442d-874c-b25a56897b17" disconnected (0
users remain)
guacd[4042]: Last user of connection "$6b53d027-ee4d-4f7e-9763-ace3ef84fc8c"
disconnected
guacd[1926]: Connection "$6b53d027-ee4d-4f7e-9763-ace3ef84fc8c" removed.
guacd[1926]: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
guacd[1926]: Connection ID is "$584d454a-14f3-4fff-89f8-1bceb869a59e"
guacd[4060]: No security mode specified. Defaulting to security mode
negotiation with server.
guacd[4060]: Resize method: none
guacd[4060]: User "@4ab3270e-ba79-4d5b-bc5d-51f8d146de20" joined connection
"$584d454a-14f3-4fff-89f8-1bceb869a59e" (1 users now present)
guacd[4060]: Loading keymap "base"
guacd[4060]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
guacd[4060]: Connected to RDPDR 1.13 as client 0x000b

guacamole is version 1.3.0

Re: strange rdp problem

Posted by blastkiller <bl...@gmx.net>.
Hi Nick,

thanks a lot. It works.

You provide such a great product. Sorry for my bad explaination in my first
posted messages.

Re: strange rdp problem

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 6:55 AM blastkiller <bl...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> thanks for reply. I found out that when i configure username and password
> it
> will work.
>
> I updated to 1.3.0 as you suggest but how can i configure guacamole to
> prompt for username and password?

If you leave the username and password (and domain, if you like)
unconfigured, and NLA is enabled/selected, this will trigger a password
prompt during the connection. You will see the prompt from Guacamole after
you connect.

> I integrate it in AD also but this should be a solution for external worker
> to connect to server for maintaining.

If you integrate with AD, for connections where users are logging in with
AD credentials you can just use the tokens that Mike mentioned before;
however, if you configure a value for username and password (including the
tokens), Guacamole will *not* prompt for any additional credentials if
authentication fails.

-Nick

Re: strange rdp problem

Re: strange rdp problem

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 11:24 PM blastkiller <bl...@gmx.net> wrote:

> I tested something and I think it´s a windows problem.
> when i activate NLA in Windows I cannot login. When it´s disabled and
> guacamole is set to any i can connect but with no other settings it´s
> working.

From the logs that you posted previously:

"guacd[4679]: Authentication requested but username or password not given"

This means that you omitted the username and password within the connection
parameters and you are using a version of Guacamole that cannot prompt the
user for the missing credentials. You will need to do one of the following:

* Integrate Guacamole with the authentication system used by Windows
(assuming you are using something like Active Directory) and leverage
parameter tokens to automatically pass through the required credentials:
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#parameter-tokens
* Update to 1.3.0, which can prompt for these credentials.
* Use a security mode that allows Windows to prompt for the missing
credentials with a login screen. Beware that most recent versions of
Windows will not allow connections without NLA by default.

- Mike

Re: strange rdp problem

Posted by blastkiller <bl...@gmx.net>.
I tested something and I think it´s a windows problem.
when i activate NLA in Windows I cannot login. When it´s disabled and
guacamole is set to any i can connect but with no other settings it´s
working. but other windows server with same settings i cannot connect.
how i have to configure the windows and which is best settings for
guacamole?

Re: strange rdp problem

Posted by blastkiller <bl...@gmx.net>.
Sorry. I don´t know what you have to know.

we have several server with different windows versions from 2008r2 to 2019.
I can connect from windows and linux direct via rdp from my windows machine.
Via guacamole I can connect only to some and get an error message not
rechable. I testet all different settings in guacamole but no success.
Therefore i said I have two 2019 with same installed windows version and as
i know same remote settings. I can connect to one but not to the other with
guacamole and i don´t know why. guacamole 1.3.0 ist installed on an debian
10 machine.
If i can get give mor information please tell me.

Re: strange rdp problem

Posted by Ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Actually for those trying to help you the Windows version _is_ relevant.

As I understand it you have an unspecified number of machines you're
trying to connect to, at least one of which is Windows server 2019, and
which is giving you issues when attempting a connect to it via Guacamole?

You also say 'only a few server are connecting', which implies others
are working ok?

Could you tell us a little more about those that are working ok please,
and how they differ from the one(s) that are not working? Also, please
include more detail on your Guacamole configuration for the working and
not working connections.

This detail may assist Nick or others on this list to fix the problem
you're having (I've never used Guacamole with Win server, so am limited
in what I can do myself).

Re: strange rdp problem

Posted by blastkiller <bl...@gmx.net>.
Thanks for reply.

the windows version is not relevant. it worked a couple of weeks ago but now
only few server are connecting.

i test with 2019 and in connection settings dns name port 3389

working without security mode

guacd[1926]: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
guacd[1926]: Connection ID is "$33709d27-409c-4ff2-8bab-6ea24b1aea80"
guacd[4660]: No security mode specified. Defaulting to security mode
negotiation with server.
guacd[4660]: Resize method: none
guacd[4660]: User "@40d9497a-f18e-4d24-9da5-834ba3a8111b" joined connection
"$33709d27-409c-4ff2-8bab-6ea24b1aea80" (1 users now present)
guacd[4660]: Loading keymap "base"
guacd[4660]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
guacd[4660]: Connected to RDPDR 1.13 as client 0x000b
guacd[4660]: User "@40d9497a-f18e-4d24-9da5-834ba3a8111b" disconnected (0
users remain)
guacd[4660]: Last user of connection "$33709d27-409c-4ff2-8bab-6ea24b1aea80"
disconnected
guacd[4660]: Internal RDP client disconnected
guacd[1926]: Connection "$33709d27-409c-4ff2-8bab-6ea24b1aea80" removed.

not working with nla

guacd[1926]: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
guacd[1926]: Connection ID is "$6cb711ea-0f20-4dea-9d8a-ec4612fcb720"
guacd[4679]: Security mode: NLA
guacd[4679]: Resize method: none
guacd[4679]: User "@63a9f2b9-8311-48b8-b0f0-a29b8ba21620" joined connection
"$6cb711ea-0f20-4dea-9d8a-ec4612fcb720" (1 users now present)
guacd[4679]: Loading keymap "base"
guacd[4679]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
guacd[4679]: Authentication requested but username or password not given
guacd[4679]: Error connecting to RDP server
guacd[4679]: User "@63a9f2b9-8311-48b8-b0f0-a29b8ba21620" disconnected (0
users remain)
guacd[4679]: Last user of connection "$6cb711ea-0f20-4dea-9d8a-ec4612fcb720"
disconnected
guacd[1926]: Connection "$6cb711ea-0f20-4dea-9d8a-ec4612fcb720" removed.

other server 2019 don´t connect testet with any connection settings

Re: strange rdp problem

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 7:30 AM blastkiller <bl...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi
> i have a very strange rdp issue. i can connect only to few windows servers.
> some are working and some not. same configuartion. syslog says:

When you say "same configuration," could you specify what configuration
that is? What servers work and which ones don't? Are they truly identical,
or are they different versions of Windows? Please be detailed.

> guacd[1926]: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
> guacd[1926]: Connection ID is "$6b53d027-ee4d-4f7e-9763-ace3ef84fc8c"
> guacd[4042]: No security mode specified. Defaulting to security mode
> negotiation with server.

Have you tried setting the security mode instead of leaving it to
negotiate? I would suggest trying NLA.

-Nick