Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Douglas José <do...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/27 16:37:23 UTC

Exception while accessing RMI repository

Hi,

I'm using Jackrabbit 1.4 exposed through JCA (using jackrabbit-jca module)
in JBoss 4.2.2. I also configured an new <application-policy
name="Jackrabbit"/> entry in my login-config.xml, and the authentication
works fine.
In order to run some unit tests, I also set-up the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi
module, but I can't log in to the repository. Using the same authentication
code, the following exception is thrown:

org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.RemoteRepositoryException: no such object
in table: no such object in table
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.SafeClientRepository.remoteLogin(SafeClientRepository.java:112)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.SafeClientRepository.login(SafeClientRepository.java:120)

Any ideas on what may be the source of the problem?

Thank you,

--
Douglas Jose
http://douglasjose.com

- "Use free software. Help us make a free world."

Re: Exception while accessing RMI repository

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am not very fluent with JBoss and its JCA stuff. But from the
exception you get, I have to assume that Jackrabbit is NOT registered
with the RMI registry you are accessing with your RMI client. This may
be because the repository is really not registered or you are using the
wrong name.

Regards
Felix