Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Siamack <sa...@yahoo.ca> on 2004/08/30 21:53:44 UTC

absolute path(url) & action class

Hello Everyone:
I have an action class that calculates the absolute url dynamically.
However, my execute method returns only context-relative url and it
fails. I have tried a couple of way around the problem but I have
failed. The followings are the logic I have used :
public ActionForward execute (....){
 .
 .//logic to calculate absolute url
 .
 ActionForward forward = new ActionForward("success",url,true,false);
 return forward;
 I have also tried the following lines instead of the last two lines
above
 response.sendRedirect(url);
 return null;
}
Does anyone knows what it the problem or does anyone is aware of any
link related to this problem. any feedback is appreciated.