Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2003/12/18 09:43:42 UTC

We should add plugin:download instructions to all [ANNOUNCE] messages for plugins

Hi all,

Now that the plugin download functionality works (fixed about a week ago)
when we get the next RC or 1.0 out we should mention in the ANNOUNCE emails
how to use it to download new plugins.  This should help speed up adoption
of new plugins.  For instance, for the JCoverage 1.0.2 version, this works:

$ maven
plugin:download -DartifactId=maven-jcoverage-plugin -DgroupId=maven -Dversio
n=1.0.2

Eric