Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de> on 2010/03/03 21:06:46 UTC

Voting (was: Bug 6323)

> --- Comment #8 from Adam Katz <an...@khopis.com> 2010-03-03 19:51:18 UTC ---
> > I didn't count Adam's because he's not a PMC or committer, I thought.  At least
> > according to the credits page...
>
> I'm a committer, but I don't like voting for something I've nominated.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/VotingProcedure
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DevelopmentMode

 "The author of a patch is allowed to vote as long as they're a
  committer. Typically, if a committer uploaded the patch, it's assumed
  they're implicitly voting +1 on their own patch, unless otherwise
  specified."

Extends to any proposition IMHO. You don't have to vote if you nominate
it. You would not have done so, if you're against it, no? :)

Oh, and Bugzilla is not a good place for rather general discussions, but
a tool to track issues and their progress.

Re: Voting

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 3/3/2010 3:06 PM, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
>> --- Comment #8 from Adam Katz<an...@khopis.com>  2010-03-03 19:51:18 UTC ---
>>
>>> I didn't count Adam's because he's not a PMC or committer, I thought.  At least
>>> according to the credits page...
>>>
>> I'm a committer, but I don't like voting for something I've nominated.
>>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/VotingProcedure
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DevelopmentMode
>
>   "The author of a patch is allowed to vote as long as they're a
>    committer. Typically, if a committer uploaded the patch, it's assumed
>    they're implicitly voting +1 on their own patch, unless otherwise
>    specified."
>
> Extends to any proposition IMHO. You don't have to vote if you nominate
> it. You would not have done so, if you're against it, no? :)
>

> Oh, and Bugzilla is not a good place for rather general discussions, but
> a tool to track issues and their progress.

Thanks!