Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raj <bs...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/07 03:29:34 UTC

Issues with Tomcat 7.0.57 not loading ActionServlets

I upgraded my application from tomcat 5.5.15, JDK 1.5, Struts 1.1 on Debian
tomcat 7.0.57, JDK 1.6, struts 1.1 on ubuntu14.04 and Action Servlets are
not loading.
I am thinking of this is something to do with version conflict. Please let
me know what I am missing.

Below is the error

Apr 24, 2015 9:00:20 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: org.apache.webapp.balancer.BalancerFilter: init(): ruleChain:
[org.apache.webapp.balancer.RuleChain: RoundRobinRule@643fd34a]

Apr 24, 2015 9:00:20 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: Marking servlet action as unavailable

Apr 24, 2015 9:00:20 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
loadOnStartup

SEVERE: Servlet  threw load() exception

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Cannot load a validator resource from
'/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml'

at
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:174)

at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(
ActionServlet.java:839)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:332)

at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:158)

at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(
StandardWrapper.java:1284)

at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(
StandardWrapper.java:1197)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1087)

at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(
StandardContext.java:5231)

at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(
StandardContext.java:5518)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(
ContainerBase.java:901)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:649)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1081)

at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1877)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)

at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)

at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)

Thanks

RE: Issues with Tomcat 7.0.57 not loading ActionServlets

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
No Problem...that is what we are here for

Have a Productive Week Raj!
Martin Gainty

Posted by Raj <bs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,