Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Douglas Campbell <de...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/20 17:07:59 UTC

namespacing hbase access

Due to the fairly heavy setup and maintenance requirements of maintaining hadoop and hbase clusters, we've been discussing the possibility of namespacing access to hbase to support multiple dev, qa, etc environments.

Is there any built in support for this?

What have other people done around this?

Re: namespacing hbase access

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
HBase doesn't support namespacing at the moment, but what I've seen in
the past is having a configuration file for your application that has
the configurations for each environment and some class that does all
that managing by using a string to specify to which cluster you which
to talk to.

Another option is to setup a ZK ensemble and store those same
informations there, making it easy to change them on demand without
having to redeploy anything.

Hope that helps,

J-D